- Yarn/wool: I have used Catania yarn from Schachenmayr in turquoise (0253 – 50g),yellow (0208 < 50g), red (0115 < 50g), blue (0400 < 50g) and white (0106 < 50g)color. For the book: Catania yarn in red (0115 < 50g) and black (0110 < 50g) color.
- Crochet hook: 3.0 mm
- Tapestry needle
- Approx. 160 cm of single core copper PVC-coated electrical wire (diameter: 3 mm) Rubber tape (electrician’s tape) 1,5 cm wide to secure wire ends
- Pliers for cutting wire
- Two 9 mm black safety eyes
AbbreviationsSt(s) – stitch(es)Ch – chainSc – single crochetHdc – half double crochetDc – double crochetInc – increase (2 sc in next st)Dec – decrease (2 sc worked off together)Slst – slip stitch(nr) – indicates the total number of stitches in the current row/round()* – repeat the instruction stated in pharanthesis all around()3-times – repeat the instruction stated in pharanthesis 3-timesFO – fasten offImportant NotesAll rounds are worked in a continuous spiral (except eyelids, hair, tail feathers,wings and book). Do not join or turn, unless instructed otherwise You may find it useful to use a stitchmarker for counting your rounds
- Take your time to create your Amigurumi’s face, it is a very important part of thefinal result
- While stuffing and making the wire frame take care to give each part a nice shape
- Using invisible decrease instead of decrease makes the final result nicerSize of finished figureUsing the given yarn and hook size Didi the Dodo will be approximately 28 cm tall
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!